M.Sc. In Obstetrics And Gynecology Nursing
Masters in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing is one of the post-graduate degrees with the duration of 2 years and is related to the two fields of nursing practices that deals with the reproductive health of women. The nurses of this category help the women during pregnancy, labor and child birth along with those women with the health issues with their reproductive system. As an Obstetrics/Gynecology Nurse the candidates will advice the women and teenage girls about the physical and sexual health providing information on treatments from birth control to mammograms. This course covers the women’s reproductive health from when menstruation begins, through pregnancy, childbirth and menopause. These nurses are able to treat women who suffer from disorders or illnesses affecting their reproductive system like; cancer, endometriosis or sexually transmitted diseases. The subspecialties under this nursing include prenatal nursing and labor & delivery nursing.
The subjects that the candidates usually study into in this category are Gynecological Nursing, Anatomy, Fundamentals of Nursing, Nutrition, Child Health Nursing, Community Health, Family Welfare, Psychology and Surgical Nursing. The nurses in this category are also responsible for making sure that a woman is comfortable during, before and child birth. Study of Obstetrics and Gynecology will enable the candidates to function as midwifery nurse practitioner or specialist, educator, manager and researcher in the field of obstetrics and gynecological nursing. The students should have good communication and interpersonal skills. This course will help the candidates in enhancing their academic understanding of the specialty, provided thorough clinical training. This course also assimilates the instructions given on modules, clinical attachments and a minor thesis also providing structured research opportunities. The instructed modules includes, formal lectures, material and course work, individual assignments including case studies and journal reviews, clinical skills teaching and practical exercises and the assessments of clinical skills and expected attendance at the academic confrontations.
- The candidate must be below the age of 48.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- Candidate should have good understanding of English language.
The overall qualification is very important before the admission procedure of Masters in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing course study. Further requirements are:
- B.Sc. Nursing or any equivalent degree with minimum 50% marks and entrance test at the time of admission.
The students must follow the given process if he/she is willing to study M.Sc. in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing course. The process in getting enrolled may differ in different colleges. The conditions to be met are:
- Fill the required applications forms.
- Give the entrance examination, if included.
- Provide 8 copies of passport size photographs.
- All the details and documents prior to study must be submitted.
- Fee payment after the clearance of Entrance exam.
- Nursing Education
- Advanced Nursing Practice
- Nursing Research and Statistics
- Clinical Specialty-I
- Nursing Management
- Nursing Research (Dissertation)
- Clinical specialty-II
There are few high level studies after post-graduation in Master of Science in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing. They are:
- M Phil or PhD Science in Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Pediatric Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Medical Surgical Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Psychiatric Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD of Philosophy in Nursing.
- Nursing Homes
- Content writing (medical)
- Government Hospitals
- Private Clinics
- Community Health Services.
- Consultant Gynecologist
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist
- Technical Officer.
M.Sc. Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing Colleges in Bangalore
Some of the colleges in Bangalore that provide this course are given below:
- Manipal College of Nursing.
- Vydehi College of Nursing.
- Fortis Institute of Nursing.
- RajaRajeshwari College of Nursing.
- M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing.
- St. Martha’s College of Nursing.
- Dayananda Sagar College of Nursing.
- Narayana Hrudayalaya College of Nursing, etc.
These colleges provide all the necessary practical and theoretical programs in accordance with the course of Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing in masters. Bangalore being the most populated and famous city for nursing courses is a circle of new opportunities for the students. Students can learn many more in practical of these courses as there are many hospitals and Nursing homes having so many patients with different diseases. The laboratory practices in these hospitals will benefit the students in many ways as they get to learn and practice new advance ideas in curing these diseases.