MD Midwifery ( Doctor Of Medicine In Midwifery )
With duration of 2 years in post-graduate nursing degree program this course provides primary and gynecologic care to women as well as special care and support for expecting mothers and their newborns by preparing the nurses to meet the unique health care needs of women. In addition to the reproductive science candidates are instructed to examine the influences of culture and tradition along with the social, economic and political forces that influences the health of women. This program clashes to assemble compassionate, skilled clinicians who are interested in addressing the issues that affect the lives of women. Along with the acquisitions of excessive knowledge and skills this courses also opens up many opportunities to the nurses after the completion of this course. Talking about the suitability of this course, the nurses are prepared to directly manage the care of normal healthy women throughout their entire process of pregnancy, including prenatal calls, birth, postpartum and newborn care.
Doctor of Medicine in Midwifery course provides opportunities for the students in experience of research by analyzing the problems of interests within a limited time frame and under faculty supervision. Nurses can be benefitted in evaluative, problem solving and critical thinking skills through this course for them to enable the application of the knowledge in delivering high quality service to their patients. This program is focused in vitalizing the students to undertake research and evidence based practice. Nurses of this category can work in variety of public or private health care settings, maternity and neonatal care settings, community health settings, research fields, rural and remote health, international aid organization or combination of these fields. The career opportunities for the nurses include senior level lecturer/practitioner, consultant midwife ad many other broader opportunities in management and research of midwifery practice.
- The candidate must be below the age of 48.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- Candidate should have good understanding of English language.
The overall qualification is very important before the admission procedure of Doctor of Medicine in Midwifery course study. Further requirements are:
- B.Sc. Nursing or any equivalent degree with minimum 50% marks and entrance test at the time of admission.
The students must follow the given process if he/she is willing to study Doctor of Medicine in Midwifery course. The process in getting enrolled may differ in different colleges. The conditions to be met are:
- Fill the required applications forms.
- Give the entrance examination, if included.
- Provide 8 copies of passport size photographs.
- All the details and documents prior to study must be submitted.
- Fee payment after the clearance of Entrance exam.
- Current Midwifery Issues
- The Environment of Birth
- Professional Practice in the Puerperium
- Supervisors of Midwives’ Preparation course
- Principles of Enquiry and Research
- Research Dissertation
- Women’s Studies
- The Social Context of Birth
- Professional portfolio
- Ethics & Law
- Clinical Leadership.
There are few high level studies after post-graduation in Doctor of Medicine in Midwifery. They are:
- M Phil or PhD Science in Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Medical Surgical Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Psychiatric Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD of Philosophy in Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Pediatric Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Maternity Nursing.
- Medical Colleges & Research Institutes
- Maternity Healthcare Services
- Hospitals & Clinics
- General Nursing & Midwifery Centers
- Content Writing (medical).
- Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery
- Assistant Professor & Senior Resident
- Content Writer
- Medical Service Provider.