Diploma in CVT Nursing
The Diploma in Cardio Vascular Technology (CVT) Nursing is a two years course. This is an intensive area of nursing which deals with the cardiovascular system of patients. The cardiovascular system is the blood circulatory system of an organ that permits blood to circulate and transport necessary matters from cells in the body. The nurses of this field help the patients by treating their diseases related to the heart or blood vessels. The cardiac nurses have to perform different tasks like post-operative care on a surgical unit, vascular monitoring, health assessments, stress test evaluations, cardiac monitoring and much more.
This program provides students with a strong foundation in the basic sciences (anatomy, physiology, bio-chemistry, pharmacology) and lays the foundation for them to acquire the skills and competencies required to safely manage patients within a dedicated heart care setting. The Cardiovascular & Thoracic program is regulated towards the health care professionals who are already working in the cardiac care setting or those who wish to seek a career in the above field. The nurses in this field work in the cardiac rehabilitation where patients having coronary artery diseases, heart attack, heart failure, or heart surgery are kept. The cardiac health worker works with the main motive to make the patient participate in therapeutic treatment for achieving normal life again. The other areas that the cardiovascular nurse works are; coronary care units, cardiac catheterization, intensive care units, operation theatres, cardiac surgery wards etc.
Generally, the candidates who choose this specialty learn how to take care of people who are suffering from heart diseases in different environment settings. The students who complete this course in their masters level gets prepared for the promotion, improvement and maintenance of cardiac health. The nurses going through this course will learn the techniques to reduce the risks and effects of cardiovascular diseases. They get intensive training to know how to lead and contribute to the health care system of CVT. After the completion of Masters in Cardio Vascular Technology the students will be able to:
- Know the time management techniques.
- Take lead of the juniors in the area.
- Critically audit the analysis made through research.
- Start immediate management and acute cardiac care/patient assessment.
- Work as a professional cardiovascular nurse.
This method helps to develop the knowledge and skills required for the cardiovascular and thoracic practitioners to interpret diagnostic variables and work effectively within the multi-professional team in the expansion of evidence-based practice. It also helps to develop the learners for the effective management and assessment of the new approaches that examines the range of contemporary issues important for the delivery of qualitative clinical care. It provides the healthcare professionals with a malleable significant curriculum structure for the multidisciplinary post basic education in cardiovascular and thoracic sciences. This is the sole program in the sector in which the healthcare professionals achieve insight into aspects of clinical administration, personal development & further understanding of their own designated areas.
There are few conditions applied to the students who are willing to go for Diploma in CVT Nursing. The students should have:
- Age limit of 17-35 years.
- Candidates must be fit and healthy.
- Should have fluent English and Nepali language.
Along with the eligibility in the candidate in accordance to their physical and internal appearance the students must also meet the academic criteria to apply for this course. The qualifications needed are:
- The students should have completed course in General nursing and Midwifery.
Students must follow the given procedure if he/she is willing to study Diploma in Cardio Vascular Technology course. The process in getting enrolled may differ between the different colleges. But some conditions are to be met for the admission.
- Fill the required application forms.
- Attend the entrance exam if necessary.
- Provide all the certificates from executive magistrate if asked.
- Provide 8 copies of passport size photos.
- All the detailed documents related to prior study.
- Fees payment after the clearance of entrance exams.
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Diseases and Diagnostics
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Nursing/Practice
- Leadership Development
- Clinical Governance
- Research Awareness in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Care
- Principles of Reflective Practice
- Mentoring and Assessing in Practice.
Diploma in Cardio Vascular Technology in Bangalore
There are some colleges in Bangalore for the Diploma in Cardiovascular Technology. The lists of the colleges are:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute
- Westfort Institute of Para Medical Science etc.