B.Sc. Nursing Post Certificate
The B.Sc. Nursing Post Certificate is a 2 years course program where the students are provided with the theoretical and clinical knowledge in classrooms, labs and in various clinical and multispecialty hospitals for the proper understanding and the depth knowledge of the course. The university examinations for this course are held annually and this course is approved by Indian Nursing Council and the State Nursing Council across India. This degree is equal to B.Sc. Nursing and this course is intended to provide opportunities to large sectors of in-service nurses in up gradation of their knowledge, thinking capacity, challenges and the standards required for practicing the professional nursing and midwifery as anticipated in National Health Policy. This course responds towards the changing health needs of the society to motivate nurses in maintaining the clinical competence, provide quality care and develop teaching, administrative and research skills and for promoting the personal; and professional growth for the better opportunities of the nurses.
Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing degree course is specifically directed to upgrade the critical issues and performing as a professional competent nurse with the sense of responsibility at the basic level of providing primitive, preventive and curative services to the injured. The nurses of this category should have the ability to take independent decisions in nursing situations protecting the rights and facilitating the individuals or groups in quest of health. Nurses should function in the hospitals, community nursing homes and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice and in the mean time they are expected to assume the role of a teacher, supervisor and manager in clinical or public health settings.
B.Sc. Nursing Post Certificate is the study of nursing course after the completion of B.Sc. Nursing. The students taking this course can directly apply for M.Sc. Nursing course without the work experience in related fields. The students having full-determination and interest in this subject are encouraged to join the course since it has got a high demand in the world.
The eligibility criteria of B.Sc. Nursing Post Certificate are:
- The candidate must be below the age of 48.
- Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
- Candidates should have good understanding of English language.
The students overall qualification is very important before the application procedure for the course study. The process includes:
- Fill the required application forms.
- Give the entrance examination if included.
- Provide all 8 copies of passport size photographs.
- All the details and documents to prior study must be submitted.
- Fees payment after the clearance of Entrance examination.
- Students must have completed their B.Sc. Nursing course.
- Nursing foundation
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Maternal Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
- English (Qualifying)
- Community Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing Education
- Introduction to Nursing Administration
- Introduction to Nursing Research and Statistics.
[Note: Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology and Pathology are integrated as clinical subjects.]
- M.Sc. Nursing
- M. Phil. Nursing
- Ph.D. Nursing
- Nursing Science Schools
- Research & Educational Institutes
- Defense Services (hospitals)
- Industrial Houses
- Clinical/Health Departments
- Practical Nursing Instructor
- Nursing Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Assistant Director in Nursing
- Nursing Instructor
- Associate Dean – Nursing and Allied Health
- Nursing Assistant - Medical Telemetry
- Manager – Nursing Critical Care
B.Sc. Nursing Post Certificate in Bangalore
Colleges in Bangalore that offers B.Sc. Nursing Post Certificate are:-
- Manipal College of Nursing
- Vydehi College of Nursing
- Fortis Institute of Nursing
- RajaRajeshwari College of Nursing
- M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing
- Dayananda Sagar College of Nursing
- Narayana Hrudayalaya College of Nursing
- Adarsha College of Nursing
- Gayathri College of Nursing
- Global College of Nursing
- Goldfinch College of Nursing
- Hillside Nursing College
- Harsha College of Nursing
- Hosmat Educational Institute of Nursing
- ICON College of Nursing
- Indian Academy College of Nursing
- Indian Institute of Nursing, etc.
B.Sc. Nursing Post Certificate course in Bangalore is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in almost every nursing college while it is approved by the Government of Karnataka. These Colleges provide all the necessary facilities that the students need in their teaching-learning process from the resources within the campus arena to the clinical practices that are the basic necessities of the nursing students studying B.Sc. Nursing Post Certificate course which includes the exposure of clinical practices in urban and rural areas, theoretical classroom lectures from the experienced and highly qualified faculty members, laboratory practice and hospital duties in various multispecialty hospitals under the guidance of the professional experts.