Bachelor of Science Honors in Nursing
Bachelor of Science Honors in Nursing is an undergraduate Nursing course. This is the course mainly focused on the care of families, communities, individuals to maintain and recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. The duration of this course is extended to 3 years but it varies according to institutes. And The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi is providing this course for 4 years. This course may also have been provided in part-time basis in some of the institutes. The curriculum for this program is divided into eight semesters for four years having 2 semesters each year. The students applying for this course have got high scopes and many job opportunities are lying in front of them for their future after their course completion.
This course integrates the natural and social sciences in the study of human beings. This course is interdisciplinary and policy-oriented and was started with a goal to link the gap between research made at cellular level in low models of animals and clinical research. This creates a pool of scientists with a greater understanding of human physiology and equipments to assimilate the essence to make reduction in scientific research. This degree involves the study in the Faculty of Medical Sciences for about 3.5 years divided in 3 phases. The first phase comprises 12 units from Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and other 4 units from General Pathology, Parasitological study, Microbiology and Pharmacology while the 3rd phase includes the specialization year in a self-chosen subject (Biochemistry, Food and Nutrition, Microbiology, Genetics or Pharmacology). This course can also be taken as an aid for leading research and allied fields. At first the students studying this course are exposed to the basic medical science and after they clearly understand amplify their basics then they are exposed to the scientific fundamentals and to various other facets and research fields along with the basic concepts too.
B.Sc. Honors Nursing course is related to human biology and many students nowadays are taking interest in this course. The students having full-determination and interest in this subject are encouraged to join the course since it has got a high demand in the world.
The eligibility criteria of Bachelors of Science Honors in Nursing are:
- The age limit of the candidate is 48 years.
- Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
- Candidates should have good knowledge of English language.
- Candidate must be a registered nurse with few years of experience in hospitals.
The students overall qualification is very important before the application procedure for the course study. The process includes:
- The minimum requirement shall be completion of 10+2, with a minimum pass mark of 45%.
- Admission is subjected to satisfactory medical examination report.
- In various colleges Entrance exam, interview and +2 results are reviewed for the admission.
The students must follow the given process if he/she is willing to study B.Sc. Honor Nursing course. The process in getting enrolled may differ in different colleges. The conditions to be met are:
- Fill the required application forms.
- Give the entrance examination if included.
- Provide all the SC/BC/ST- certificates from Executive Magistrate if necessary.
- Provide all 8 copies of passport size photographs.
- All the details and documents to prior study must be submitted.
- Fees payment after the clearance of Entrance examination.
- Fundamentals of Nursing, First aid with applied Sciences and Pharmacology
- Introduction to community health
- Introduction to medical surgical nursing
- Med. Surg. Nursing
- Skin & Communicable diseases
- General Med. Surg.
- Applied pharmacology
- Psychiatric Nursing
- O.T. Technique
- Health Education & A.V. Aids
- Med. Surg. Nursing (specialty nursing) ICU
- Pediatric Nursing & Growth & Development
- Public Health Nursing
- Sociology & social medicine
- Trends in Nursing & Professional adjustment
- Midwifery & Obstetrical Nursing
- Principles of administration & supervision
- Elective-Introduction to Research and Statistics
- M.Sc. Nursing
- M. Phil. Nursing
- Ph.D. Nursing
- Nursing Science Schools
- Research & Educational Institutes
- Defense Services (hospitals)
- Industrial Houses
- Clinical/Health Departments
- Practical Nursing Instructor
- Nursing Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Assistant Director in Nursing
- Nursing Instructor
- Associate Dean – Nursing and Allied Health
- Nursing Assistant - Medical Telemetry
- Manager – Nursing Critical Care
B.Sc. Honors Nursing in Bangalore
The nursing course in human biology named as B.Sc. (Honors.) Nursing is a course that requires tremendous patience, responsibility and dedication. The students joining this course should have an alert mind, team spirit, refinement, humanity etc. Only those people with an instinct to comfort and handle the patient without getting nostalgically connected with them are suitable for this course. This course is beneficial to those who want to go for military nursing jobs while providing health care services in armed forces. The students can also aid as a psychiatric nurse that involves curing the patients adverted from emotional and psychological blues. Bangalore city can be very beneficial for the students joining this course because it is the city of hope and scope for these students being subjective about their future.
This course delivers a reasonable qualification to the students for graduate entry into medical and other professional health science programs by increasing wide range of career opportunities for their future. Bangalore is the city of opportunities for nursing, medical and other engineering students that can easily lift their career margin. The colleges in Bangalore provide the best practical knowledge as there are lots of medical institutions and hospitals along with advanced and well- equipped laboratories for the human biology nursing related students as well as for other medical students too. This degree is targeted in bringing forth the graduates with a peaceful and far-reaching discipline with the principles of modern biology and medical research along with their potential utilization in biotechnology and the colleges in Bangalore helps in enhancing this target.