M.Sc. In Community Health Nursing
Masters in Community Health Nursing is a post-graduate degree of about 2 years after the completion of Bachelors degree in nursing that tutors the registered nurses in developing, implementing and promoting the nursing training programs to the needy communities. The candidates studying this course are trained to identify the infected population, develop and implement health policies and provide preventive measure to control and cure them. Candidates also get to experience hands-on training in the field visits through clinical and nursing practice paradigm. The candidate willing to study this course must hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing along with a nursing license. This course covers all the areas of theoretical foundations of Community Health in Nursing, research methods, health promotions and prevention of diseases. From this coursed the candidates will be able to obtain the medical training and public health expertise that they need to practice in the field.
M.Sc. Nursing course aims to facilitate the development of community nurses who can critically analyze, reverse and utilize evidence in taking forward advances in community health nursing practice which focuses on the needs of the patients, careers and communities. It enables the candidates to critically analyze, evaluate and amalgam the evidence for the community practice and to create an innovative, reflective and aggressive approach to meet public health, nursing and social needs of the individuals, families, groups and communities.
- The candidate must be below the age of 48.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- Candidate should have good understanding of English language.
The overall qualification is very important before the admission procedure of Masters in Community Health Nursing course study. Further requirements are:
- B.Sc. Nursing or any equivalent degree with minimum 50% marks and entrance test at the time of admission.
The students must follow the given process if he/she is willing to study M.Sc. in Community Health Nursing course. The process in getting enrolled may differ in different colleges. The conditions to be met are:
- Fill the required applications forms.
- Give the entrance examination, if included.
- Provide 8 copies of passport size photographs.
- All the details and documents prior to study must be submitted.
- Fee payment after the clearance of Entrance exam.
- Leading in healthcare
- Making judgments and decisions in practice
- Evidence-based health and social care
- Contemporary nursing practice
- Anticipatory Care or Advanced
- Approaches to Patient Assessment
- Principles and practice of managing people with complex needs.
- Principles and practice in the health and social care of individuals, children and families.
- Community Practitioner Prescribing.
- Practice Consolidation.
There are few high level studies after post-graduation in Master of Science in Community Health Nursing. They are:
- M Phil or PhD Science in Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Medical Surgical Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Psychiatric Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD of Philosophy in Nursing.
- Colleges & Universities
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Labs
- Armed forces
- Emergency departments
- Home health care
- Administration etc.
- Health Specialist
- Cytopathology Technician
- School Health Nurse
- Community Nurse
- Nursing Executive
- Clinical Instructor
- Nursing Educator
- Staff Nurse.
M.Sc. in Community Health Nursing Colleges in Bangalore
Some of the colleges in Bangalore that provide this course are given below:
- Manipal College of Nursing.
- Vydehi College of Nursing.
- Fortis Institute of Nursing.
- RajaRajeshwari College of Nursing.
- M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Nursing.
- Sambhram College of Nursing.
- St. Martha’s College of Nursing.
- Dayananda Sagar College of Nursing.
- Narayana Hrudayalaya College of Nursing, etc.
These colleges provide all the necessary practical and theoretical programs in accordance with the course of Community Health Nursing in masters. Bangalore being the most populated and famous city for nursing courses is a circle of new opportunities for the students. Students can learn many more in practical of these courses as there are many hospitals and Nursing homes having so many patients with different diseases. The laboratory practices in these hospitals will benefit the students in many ways as they get to learn and practice new advance ideas in curing these diseases.